We're all familiar with the idea of buying organic food so that we don't consume a bunch of nasty pesticides, but the clothes we wear are just as important and often overlooked.
Lazy Baby products are made with organic and fairly traded cotton because it's kind on baby's sensitive skin and it's kind on the planet. Mark Hagley set up the brand when his children came along in order to give them right message - even if it was subliminal at first.
Here are 5 very good reasons to put organic cotton in your shopping basket.
1) Organic cotton is grown in a way that lessens the impact on the environment - so however small they seem - your purchases really are important.
2) Fairly traded cotton is kind on cotton farmers and their families providing them with a decent wage and a stable price for their cotton. This is vital as it empowers them and provides sustainability for their communities and the developing world.
3) The crops are not treated with pesticides, insecticides and herbicides which are hugely harmful for farmers and workers - ourselves - and the entire wildlife and eco-systems.
4) It's safe to wear so you and your young family should not be irritated by rashes that can be caused by residue from chemicals.
5) You can bring baby up to be ethically minded and teach your family how to nurture and care for the planet, right from the very start!